Sunday, 21 August 2011

August 15 letter

Dear all..

Hello world! I am still here in Chapecó. You might be thinking.. ah. Then she wasn't transferred!! Slow down fast thinkers, I still WAS transferred.. to the other side of the same city. :) I am still living in the same apartment (where I CAN receive letters - see new address below) and I have a new companion.. Sister Mendes. She is a short fiesty northerner from Brazil and I like her. A LOT. She is the first Brazilian that I have met that enjoys breaking into song and dance, and taking random pictures (today we are being tourists here and we are going to try and find touristy things to do.. I think there are like two things. maybe..) We plan on being goofy and resting before we go off to work this evening.

This week was better. The first couple of days were a nice break in the schedule with the transfer that happened--I was companions with Sister Stahly (an American here) for ONE day! It was magical. We sang musicals and cracked jokes that I haven't been able to make for months. We also enjoyed some ice cream in the street as a celebration of the beginning and end of our companionship.

But now I am working on the other side of Chapecó.. Ramo 1. Honestly it feels like I am in a completely other world.. it is more of the down town, nicer houses.. feels more like a neighborhood in America than the other. It was also great because this companion trusts my opinion and lets me help! We bought a map and I am completely in control of where we go.. we got lists of members and are trying to get to know everyone. It's nice that I get to teach and share and help with what I already know here with her and she is more than happy to let me. Being useful makes the time pass a lot faster. We also enjoy eating meals together and we chat a lot. She is definitely a good companion for me. :D

I would like to throw out there that my birthday is happening at the end of next month and if you want packages to reach me in time, send them now-ish.. (grin) We will have a transfer the week before my birthday so hopefully I will get things then.. As to what to send? I would love rainbow chip frosting and rainbow chip cake mix.. really any kind of cake or brownie mix would be AMAZING. Any chocolate chips.. any corn bread, MUFFINS.. anything in a box that is delicious. If a box is not in your fancy, I love stickers, things to color, and honestly I just enjoy reading the words "Happy Birthday!" I hope that this helps those that were asking.

I hope all is well for you! Till next week,

Sister Reising

Address for letters here:
Rua Pará, 53 D Apt 03
Bairro Maria Goretti
Chapecó-SC 89801-400

(Send packages to mission home address at Florianopolis - but letters can go to the new one mentioned above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment