Dear ALL!!
I AM SO OLD (at the MTC). There are so many new districts, and telling them that I am in my 7th week here makes me feel like I’m a grandmother to their preteen experience. I don’t have a lot of time to write today, but I’m getting excited because one more sister got her visa, and more and more are coming in every day! If everything stays on schedule for me, I might get my visa sometime next week! INSANE! I’m excited to get out and do the work, but it is honestly a bit daunting at times.. I am still loving the language, and teaching is just fantastic!
LORI LUND: Did you know, once I get to Brazil it will cost ONE PENNY to write you? GET EXCITED. Also, anything you would recommend bringing/leaving, now that you’re in Brazil? LOVE YOU!
All others, once I get to Brazil the best way to communicate with me will be through email. I will have to write letters back (snail mail), but that should take under 2 weeks to get to you. If you send me anything in the mail it’s kind of REALLY ambiguous when it will get to me. Once I’m there, I will know – but most missionaries have said that it took 3 weeks at least to get their mail while in Brazil. I will also be able to send out mass replies on this weekly email to my parents.
I must be off. It has been a good week! Learned a lot, excited to learn more. I can feel the presence of the Holy Ghost/Spirit every day, and I know that that is the only reason I am learning as well as I am. Super grateful!
Send anything that you want me to have quickly, soon! I may be leaving next week (no idea, but maybe). I hope to keep hearing from you. Thanks for the love and support!
Much love,
Sister Reising
(Note from Sam's mom: She will know with more certainty once she gets to Brazil about the best forms of communication. Inside informers tell me a regular size letter costs .98 cents to mail to Brazil and usually takes about a week. That would be if she's located in a bigger city. I'm just not certain at this point if her mission email address is to be used outside of family. Her specific mission president will advise. There's something very wonderful about receiving letters in the mail! I'll keep the sidebar on this blog updated with her most current address and preferences.)
No comments:
Post a Comment