Sister Reising with her companion, Sister Boyer from Baker, Oregon
Sam's District (from L to R) Elders Johnson, Paxman, Kubeja, Daley, Hoffman, Manon and Barlow. Sisters Reising, Boyer, Adamson, Magelby, WolfordHello all!!
I can't believe that I have already passed my ONE MONTH mark! I am 1/18 of the way done, only 17 more months on the mission! And, if they all go as fast as this one has flown by then I will be back in a heart beat! Thank you all for you letters! (Karren, I was so glad to hear that you're going to keep giving my parents a hard time... Some one has to keep them on their toes!). I loved hearing from some of the Sisters in our ward--really appreciated that little bundle of letters. Speaking of letters, I am hereby calling my brother to repentence! QUE ISSO?! (What is this?!) Your sister is out on a mission for a MONTH and I get no news from my favorite brother? Work on that. Let me know how things are going and, of course, artwork is always accepted! :D
Other than letters, this week has flown by like all the others. It's so strange to have friends that I have made here all get reassigned. One of my sister friends got reassigned to Seattle!! If anyone sees a bubbly, kind, red head named Sister Checketts wandering around please send her my love!
We are getting to the point in class where we have to speak Portugués at ALL TIMES! It's hard to speak ALL of the time - so tempting to slip into English to explain things, but I'm enjoying the challenge. We are also going to be having a Zone Conference coming up in a few weeks and our teachers (Irmã Gonzales and Irmão Cope) assigned our district up to do the musical number. I guess when they volunteered our district, all of the other district teachers stated how jealous they are of our singing talent. Something along the lines of their districts wishing they could sing with us.... Not going to lie, some of the districts of all elders are not necessarily able to carry a tune... but with 4 musical sisters and 8 musical elders, we do a good job! I love us!
I don't know if I already said this, but Sister Wolford and Sister Adamson are going to São Paulo North (along with Elders Daley, Manon, and Kubeja), and Sister Magelby is going to Goiana. Sister Magleby would LOVE to hear what is going on in Goiana, and I would love Lori to know that she has some GREAT elders and sisters to look out for. I have told them all multiple times that Lori is in their mission and they are all prepared to find; meet; and love her! If someone could help me get more info for Sister M. and someone could tell Lori who's coming, I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
I love being a missionary! It is fantastically fun, hard, educational... all of it. I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity to serve the Lord and to let everyone that I'm able to teach know about the gospel! Huzzah! Please let me know if anyone has any questions about being a missionary, or anything about the MTC. I would love to answer questions. Thanks again for all of the support!
Much Love!
Sister Reising
PS. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO SEE "DROOD"!!! (At The Overlake School in Redmond, WA) It opens tonight and plays tomorrow night too!!! Please go, and then tell me how wonderful they all are! Break many legs!
My 5 Roommates during 1st month: from left Sisters Haygood, Taylor, Boyer, Reising, Christensen, Holmes
Sisters Reising and Boyer in front of the Provo UT Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment