Tuesday, 5 July 2011

From Chilly Brazil...

Hello world!

Well, this is definitely the coldest 4th of July that I have ever lived through. This past week had some fun weather. It included really really cold days and days a little warmer.... because of the rain that engulfed the area. It was fun though because I feel like I can finally say that I parted and walked through the 'red sea.' Many of the streets here are cobble stone and with the rain and the red clay combined on the many MANY big hills, there tends to be a red river that runs down the street. While I was walking home from one of the neighborhoods in the rain I realized that it was not even worth my time to try and avoid the streams of water anymore, my shoes were completely soaked... instead I focused on the fact that I had an umbrella, it was raining, and there were street lamps. Yup. I sang singing in the rain like there was no tomorrow!!! Danced, skipped a bit. My comp probably thinks I'm crazy--no not thinks, she should know by now... haha but I have to say that it was one of the best rain experiences to date in my life.

Other than the crazy weather, this week was pretty good. This week we talked to a lot of people and have some new contacts. We also had a reference for a young man who we taught last night and he went to church--SO he will be baptized this week or next!! #5! woo

Our new mission president is coming this weekend, so that will be good! I am interested to see what he changes and does. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!!! Here are some pictures from the transfer!
My "mom"-sis colares and "dad"-sister godoy)
My 'grandpa' Sister F. Santos
Elders staying warm in the chapel



No comments:

Post a Comment