A few of us Sisters at lunch with Sister Queiroz
Hello all!
Sorry for the month long silence. The mission definitely has its ups and downs, and the past little while was a bit of a down (as one might say.. haha). This week I am being transferred to Chàpeco! It is 12 hours away by bus and cold... yay 4 winters in 2 years!!! I will have another Brazilian companion, but we will be living in a really big apartment with 2 american missionaries (Sister Boyer, my comp from the MTC, as one of them). Sister Colares spent 6 months in that city and loved it.. I am pretty sure that I will be there for a while now too--it seems that people go there and kind of stay.. But it will be a good experience I am sure. One bad thing is that I will only receive letters and packages there one time per month... so if you want to send me something fun, send away... If you need to tell me something important? Send me an email!!
This week is the last week with President and Sister Queiroz--they will truly be missed--Great leaders who really love all of us. I am excited for the new mission Pres to come and am looking forward (A smidge anxiously) to his new rules...
This week we went to the Mission Center a few times--one time to go and have lunch with Sister Q. in the mall with some other Sisters relatively near to us.. I MET SISTER CALDER (LORI LUND!). She was awesome! It was such a nice break to be able to talk to someone that has things/experiences in common.
While we were there Sister Q told us about someone who works in a pharmacy in Floripa--she mentioned that two sister missionaries had come over to give her dying father a blessing and asked if Sister Q knew who she was talking about. Its was us! One day we were visiting one of our investigators that we love, and she said that her neighbor's father was sick and wanted a blessing of comfort. Sister Colares and I went over there and saw this little old man curled up in a ball on his bed. He was tall, but he was quite literally just skin and bones. He looked so sad, and couldn't even talk. My heart immediately reached out to him. Sister Colares and I knelt down by the side of his bed and she prayed (left a blessing for him). The Holy Ghost was so strong.. both Sister C and I and the daughter of this man were crying. It was simple.. a prayer for him to have comfort.. After we prayed we left. We didn't teach, we didn't spend a long time there.. And then the only other thing that we heard about that man was that 5 days later he passed away.
However, Sister Q. told us that a miracle happened that day for that family. The woman she met said that after we left her house her father became more alert and sat up. For the last 5 days of his life he was himself again. He talked to his family and was present for his last moments. It was truly a miracle :). I can honestly attest to the fact that when you pray in the name of Jesus Christ miracles can happen!! (and sometimes you have to wait a while to know the fruits of your labors and faith). I have such a strong love and testimony of Christ and I am so grateful that I can be here to help change people's lives for the better.
I hope all is well back in the states!! :D
With love,
Sister Reising
A family in Ingleses that I love
Florianpolis in June (winter)
Barbara, with the largest, most patient and awesome cat ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment