
Dear all!
This week started off with a fantastic Sunday! Learned a lot.. and then... VALENTINES DAY!
Out of all of the holidays in the year I think that Valentines Day has got to be the BEST one to have in the MTC. I mean, technically no one is supposed to have a boy friend or girl friend back at home, no one can actually show affection to anyone of the opposite gender (no more than a one pump fast handshake), and we are all completely shielded from the outside world. Basically, that means that Valentines Day is pretty entertaining. The mail room was buzzing with anticipation as people were getting packages and letters throughout the day. Elders were huddled in groups reading letters, Sisters were whispering and giggling about some letter or something that they had received, others were bolding walking down the hallways with heart shaped balloons and flowers, and chocolates were being consumed by all.
The other companionship of Sisters in my district were sweet and cut out hearts from tissue paper for all of us. I divided up the heart candies that I received from my mother (thanks!) and gave one to each companionship at arms length and I told all the Elders that I enjoyed them all equally as well as the next and that I was glad to be their friend. It was difficult not to progress to the not allowed 'high five,' but with all of our mights combined we were able to restrain ourselves. Some people were wearing red or pink, the elders were really branching out and were even trying to show their spirit of love through their ties... all in all? It was a pretty goooood day! We even got to eat cupcakes from Cocoa Bean! BEST THINGS EVER!
The other companionship of Sisters in my district were sweet and cut out hearts from tissue paper for all of us. I divided up the heart candies that I received from my mother (thanks!) and gave one to each companionship at arms length and I told all the Elders that I enjoyed them all equally as well as the next and that I was glad to be their friend. It was difficult not to progress to the not allowed 'high five,' but with all of our mights combined we were able to restrain ourselves. Some people were wearing red or pink, the elders were really branching out and were even trying to show their spirit of love through their ties... all in all? It was a pretty goooood day! We even got to eat cupcakes from Cocoa Bean! BEST THINGS EVER!
Other than that, we have been studying a lot. Still doing Portugues every day. We can now speak in more than just present tense!! (always a bonus)! And we had a fantastic devotional on Tuesday from Elder Pearson. Basically this whole week has been focused on the importance of The Book of Mormon. It is amazing to me just how important it really is to our religion. It is only through reading the book and honestly searching, pondering, and praying about it that anyone can know that it is true. But that is also the beautiful thing! ANYONE can read it. All are invited to! In the Introduction to The Book of Mormon it says that all are invited to read the book for themselves and to ask God if it is true. Sure, I'm going on a mission to teach people about the gospel, but it is only that person that can really learn to know for him or herself if the book, and therefore our church, is true. I am just the go between person here. Even more, that intro says that if we read and pray in faith and really ask Heavenly Father if it is true, we WILL receive the truth. It's so simple! If people read The Book of Mormon and learn that it is true for themselves, then Joseph Smith was a Prophet, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, and Jesus Christ is our Savior. But to know these things are true they HAVE to read the Book of Mormon. Everything stems from that.
I love you all, and thank you for your support!
Here is the best quote of the week:
An Elder walks up to another Elder and says, "Hi! Can I bear my testimony to you?... What's your name?"
Welcome to EVERY DAY at the MTC! haha
Much love!
Sister Reising
No comments:
Post a Comment